011 – Mech Monkey – Bike Prep And Maintenance
- How the guys got started in the bike maintenance world
- Their passion for everything mountain bike related
- What Mech Monkey do and how they can help you
- How their repair and maintenance process works
- What products they advise using for home maintenance
- Bike set-up
- How you should change your bike for winter riding
- The best way to wash your bike, do’s and don’ts
- Tyre pressures and how this effects your riding (subscriber question – Dan Sweeney)
- Suspension set-up
- Brake repairs
- Professional maintenance
- Bike up-grading (subscriber question – Dan Sweeney)
- The future for Mech monkey
I really enjoyed my chat with Kieran and Louis and certainly learned a lot from our conversation. These guys are super cool, really chilled out and are very easy to chat to. Their workshop and store is going well and the guys are kept busy all year round. They also stock a good range of accessories for repairing your bike and only recommend what they use, believe in and have tested over the years.
They also stock Rocky Mountain bikes, Transition bikes, Nukeproof bikes, along with Dakine clothing and their own branded range of clothing. All the links are below.
The guys are not just out to sell a service. They are keen for you to keep a good level of maintenance to your own bike and have some really good tips for keeping your own bike running smooth and problem free. Of course for the larger jobs or your 6 month/12 month MOT you should take your bike to professionals such as Mech Monkey. The guys pride themselves on work carried out to the highest standard, giving you value for money and giving you the best advice possible.
Stoke up the fire, get the bedroom slippers on and listen how to best prep your beloved steed for those winter months.
To Connect with Mech Monkey
To Share Your Thoughts:
To Help Out The Show:
- Rate and leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe and listen to on iTunes
- Subscribe and listen to on Stitcher
Special thanks to the Mech Monkey guys, Kieran & Louis for being top class guests on the podcast and for taking the time to get involved, and to Dan Sweeney for sending in questions for the guys.
Thanks for Listening!
Join me next week for another MTB TRIBE Podcast show!