019 – How To Organise An Enduro Race with Michael Regan
- Michaels race background
- Racing in the Red Bull Fox Hunt
- What an enduro race is
- Why Michael started the enduro series
- Why he chose Davagh
- When the races take place
- How much the event costs to enter
- Facilities available on race day
- A typical day (or night) at the race
- What approval required
- The financial burden and help from sponsors
- How fit, fast and skilled you need to be
- How to enter and the benefits from entering
- Plans for the future
It takes a lot of time and effort to organise an event like the Davagh and Davagh night enduro. So why would you want to use up a large chunk of your spare time in doing such a thing? Well, that is what Michael has done. He has pumped a load of blood, sweet and tears (well maybe not tears, lets say…time) time into making the event happen over the years. This is not something you can organise over a few weekends, it takes time and once one event has ended it is time to start planning and organising the next one. And all of this on top of a full time job!
It was great to finally get Michael on the show as it took around 5 to 6 weeks to organise. I was looking forward to hearing all about the Davagh enduro because it is such a great event to have in our own backyards. I find it so interesting, and I hope you do too, to the amount of work and spare time certain people are willing to give up to organise events like this. Without people like Michael stuff like this just would not happen, so my hat goes off to him for all he has done in organising the Davagh enduro. A job well done!
So if you are thinking of entering this year have a listen to the podcast, get yourself prepared, get involved and give Michael a thumbs up’s on the old socials! Enjoy!
To Connect with Michael and the Davagh Enduro Races
Michaels Photography Website: www.mr-photography.net
Sponsors that help the Davagh Enduro happen. Go show some Love!
Steelweld Fabrications (manufacture of the unique lazer cut trophies)
To Share Your Thoughts:
To Help Out The Show:
- Rate and leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe and listen to on iTunes
- Subscribe and listen to on Stitcher
Thanks to Michael for being a guest on the podcast, it was great to chat with him and get a great insight into the world of enduro event organisation.
Cheers for Listening!
Join me next week for another interesting and insightful MTB TRIBE Podcast show!