021 – Inside Ladies Racing with Lynette Deacon
- About Lynette’s adrenaline junkie background
- How Lynette came to be competing in the Ninja Warrior UK
- Why Lynette got into mountain biking
- How Lynette got into racing after riding for only a short time
- The best piece of mountain biking advice Lynette has received
- Ladies racing in the Redbull Foxhunt
- Why Lynette wanted to race in the Scottish Downhill Association Series
- Lynette’s lowest point in her racing
- How competitive ladies mountain biking is
- Who Lynette’s sponsors are and how they have helped
- What Lynette’s training schedule is like
- If you are a female, how to best get into mountain biking and enjoy it
- Lynette’s favourite trail
- Lynette’s plans and goals for 2018
Lynette is our first female racer on the podcast and it was awesome to chat with her. I have been wanting to get a female racer on the show for a while. I feel ladies in mountain biking need to be better represented and what better way to do this than chat with a lady who has been there and got the tee shirt. Lynette tells us her story on how she got started both riding bikes and racing bikes. She shares how she funds her racing trips and what it takes to be able to do this, her scarifies, the time involved and what you get back from all this hard work and dedication.
I reached out to Lynette and asked if she would like to be a guest on the show by simply emailing her via her website. Lynette writes her own blog covering her races and experiences in great detail. So, if you are wanting day to day detail on her racing events visit her site (link below) and read all about it. She also has some awesome photos on there helping you get a real ‘life feel’ on the up’s and down’s of her races.
Warning! After listening to this don’t be surprised if you find yourself searching for race event dates and playing with the idea of entering two or three or at least going to check them out for next year. But thats a good thing right?
Thanks for being here people. Enjoy the show!
To Connect with Lynette
To Share Your Thoughts:
To Help Out The Show:
- Rate and leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe and listen to on iTunes
- Subscribe and listen to on Stitcher
A big thanks to Lynette for being a guest on the show. It was awesome of her to come on and share her story.
Cheers for Listening!
Join me next week for another MTB TRIBE Podcast show! Stay on the trails!