062 – Riding Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails with Trailriders.ie
Chris O’Callaghan – The service provider to the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails and founder of Trailriders.ie
On todays episode, number Sixty Two we are chatting with Chris O’Callaghan about why we should all check out the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail Network and don’t leave it off our to do lists for 2019. After all it has 98km of trails and is the biggest trail network in Ireland. We chat with Chris about how the trails came to be, how they where designed, how popular the trails have become, what facilities are on offer and what to expect from the trail networks, plus much more.
Chris was kind enough to come on the show and chat to us about this awesome sounding trail network. I have to admit, it is a network I have never visited and to be totally honest I have never really thought of going there. Why is that? It has awesome facilities, bike hire, a bike shop for repairs and general components and on top of all that it has a number of different level loops totalling 98km of trail. So I reached out to get more information on Ballyhoura for both myself and you guys as I feel it is a destination we all should visit on our next mountain bike trip.
- How Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails started
- Who designed and made the trails
- How long the building of the trails took
- Why the trials were popular from the day of opening
- Why Chris got involved to service the trails
- How long the trails have been opened
- What facilities are on site for riders
- What to expect from the trails
- Why the trails are good for all the family
- What type of bikes Chris hires and the prices
- How the trail network has expanded over the years
- What different courses Trailriders provide
- Why the future for the Ballyhoura Trails looks bright
- How to keep updated on what’s happening with Ballyhoura and Trailriders
It was great to get Chris on the show and find out more about what Ballyhoura Mountain bike Trails have to offer. And it sounds good. Chris and the crew do a really great job, they are open all year round to provide bike maintenance, bike hire, bike showers, toilets, trail food…the list goes on and on. There is also great sounding plans for the near future to upgrade the trails and facilities to an even higher level, including an onsite cafe etc.. The trails themselves sound awesome and suit all levels of rider, from the first timer to the experienced ripper.
To find out more and why you should take a visit to Ballyhoura and their 98km of trails, plug the headphones in and let Chris tell you all about what you can expect. From great trails to a great shop to great people. You won’t be disappointed.
To Connect with Chris and Trailriders:
Phone: +353 87 2717330
To Share Your Thoughts or Get In Contact:
To Help Out The Show:
- Rate and leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe and listen to on iTunes
- Subscribe and listen to on Stitcher
- Subscribe and listen to on Spotify
Massive thanks to Chris for coming on the show and telling us more about what Ballyhoura has to offer!
Thanks for listening and being part of the Tribe!
Join me next week for another MTB TRIBE Podcast show!