175 – Joining The Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast Race Team Part 2 – We Chat with Joel Hamilton
Now riding for the Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast Race Team, Joel Hamilton
On episode #175 we are chatting with one of the newest members of the Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast Race Team, Joel Hamilton. Joel is only seventeen years of age but has been racing from around the age of fourteen amassing a number of podiums including three first place finishes.
Joel has been posting his bike antics on social media for a while now and after watching his skill level on a bike you can see why the crew at Chain Reaction wanted him to be part of their race team. Apart from that, he is a great guy, has his head screwed on in the right direction and is very likeable and down to earth.
We chat to Joel about getting the phone call form the Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast Team, how that made him feel, how surprised he was and his racing goals for the 2021 race season, plus lots more!
Enjoy the show.
- How Joel got interested in mountain biking
- What his first ‘real’ bike was and how he saved for it
- What Joel loves so much about mountain biking
- How Joel’s big brother helps him stay focused and makes him faster
- What media celebrities Joel follows
- How Joel felt when he got the call from Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast
- How Joel’s social media accounts helped him showcase his skills and talent
- Why he loves the race scene so much
- His plans and goals for the 2021 race season
- How Joel thinks being part of a professional race team will help him get faster
- What races Joel hopes to attend over the 2021 season
- Where to find Joel on social media
When chatting with Joel and listening to our conversation you may get the idea that he is very laid back and is not really interested in race results or how he gets on at race events, but don’t let that fool you. It is true in part, Joel is very laid back and loves mountain biking because it is fun and he doesn’t take it too seriously, but that is where being laid back ends.
Joel is super competitive and a total professional when he is on the race track and in the race environment, how else would he have achieved the awesome results he has…by being super motivated and wanting to win, that is for sure. In Joel’s first enduro race he placed second and in the follow up race he came first! He wasn’t happy settling for that second spot, he wanted to be on top spot on the podium and he got it a few more times.
Joel is super stoked to be part of the Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast Race Team and knows that it comes with a certain amount of responsibility. But, one thing I have learned about being part of the Chain Reaction Belfast Team is that they are happy for you to do what you do best and in whatever way you do it. Now for Joel that would be riding, racing and having fun on his bike while showcasing it on his social channels.
It is not hard to see what the Chain Reaction crew sees in Joel, for a seventeen year old, the young man has skill and style, and when you add the speed aspect into that equation…well you have a great team member and ambassador for not only your race team but the Irish mountain bike scene in general.
Join us as we chat about racing, podiums, getting picked up by Chain Reaction Belfast and simply having fun on your bike.
Cheers for tuning in!
To Connect with Joel:
Chain Reaction Cycles Belfast: www.facebook.com/CRCBelfast
Nukeproof Bikes: https://nukeproof.com
Chain Reaction Cycles: www.chainreactioncycles.com
Spin 11 Custom Clothing: www.spin11.com
To Share Your Thoughts or Get In Contact:
To Help Out The Show:
- Rate and leave an honest review on iTunes/ Apple Podcasts
- Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe and listen to on iTunes/ Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe and listen to on Stitcher
- Subscribe and listen to on Spotify
- Subscribe and listen to on Podbean
Thanks so much to Joel for coming on the podcast and sharing his story.
And thank you once again for tuning in!
Join me next week for another MTB TRIBE Podcast show!