DESIGNED IN BELFAST
MADE FROM REPURPOSED MATERIALS SORCED IN BELFAST
MANUFACTURED IN BELFAST
EACH BAG IS UNIQUE
Our Allta Kit Bag and Changing Mat truly is a revolution. Designed with the help of the Belfast Met, the exterior is constructed from waterproof tarpaulin that was destined for landfill, and the interior padding is made from wetsuits that had outlived their usefulness at keeping you warm in the water.
The bag is designed with a large front zip so you can open the bag, lay it flat and use it as a changing mat- allowing you to keep all your dirty riding gear together on one side of the bag while you get changed on the other side. The changing section has a padded foot area to keep your feet off the damp ground or sharp stones etc., eliminating wet socks and cold feet.
Chuck in your dirty wet gear, zip it up, throw it on your back and away you go!
The interior has been made large enough (80 Litres) to fit all your gear from pants, jackets, shoes and even a full-face helmet. You can access the interior of the bag either from the large zip for the changing mat function or from a separate top zip. There is also a zipped padded front pocket for easy access to those smaller items, like gloves, socks or goggles. It is still large enough to carry a tool roll, hip bag or even a laptop for those commutes to work.
To make the bag secure, you can fold down the top and use the tying clips to cover all the zips. You can also do this to simply make the bag a little smaller if you wish.
Each bag is unique as the patterns are cut from different sections of tarpaulin, which are all different colours and designs, so nobody will have the same bag as you!* With that in mind, the bags are made with pre-used materials, so they may have an odd mark or scuff. We clean and wash the materials before manufacturing and don't use any material that is damaged. However, our aim is to use as much of the material as possible, so you may find a few marks here or there, but that all adds to the uniqueness of your bag!
The bags are manufactured at the USEL (Ulster Supported Employment) facility in Belfast, helping to support local employment and communities. The tarpaulin and wetsuits used are sourced from local areas and businesses, including surf shops, outdoor pursuit businesses and the general public. Both the tarpaulin and wetsuits would have finished up in landfill, but because of very helpful local businesses, we have been able to give this material a second life, manufacture it into another useful product, and keep it from landfill.
* The ice coloured bags may look the same, but they all have a different colour of neoprene padding in the front pocket and may have a small bit of colour on the bottom or elsewhere on the bag which the photos may not show.
* The bag has been designed to hold dirty or wet gear, helping you keep your stuff together and your car clean on your route home. However, because the bag has not got waterproof zips, it is not a dry bag. Some water may leak out if you are using it for gear that holds a lot of water- like wetsuits.
- Made from repurposed tarpaulin
- Large side zip to open into changing mat
- Separate top zip to access the main body of the bag easily
- Padded front pouch with separate entrance zip
- The top of the bag can be folded and clipped to keep entrance zips secure
- Two padded shoulder straps with chest support strap
- Carrying handle
- Allta Mountain patch on front
- Size - 600mm x 580mm x 230mm = 80 Litres
- Repurposed neoprene from wetsuits used for padding
- Padded standing section to keep your feet from making contact with the cold ground, sharp stones etc
- The bag is padded on the bottom for extra protection and to help it stand up
- Large main section big enough to fit all your gear, including shoes and full face helmet
- Padded front pouch for easy access to smaller items. Big enough to fit a laptop, tool roll or hip bag etc.
ECO/ ETHICAL CREDENTIALS
- Designed and manufactured in Belfast
- Materials sourced in Northern Ireland
- Repurposed tarpaulin and wetsuits
- Almost zero carbon footprint
- Recyclable packaging
- Recyclable tags
- One tree planted for every order
- To clean the bag, simply wipe with a damp cloth or sponge
- Do not machine wash, tumble dry or iron
- Hang to dry or wipe dry with a cloth